project Binky

Just for amusement!
Lyndo
United States of America

project Binky

Post by Lyndo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:23 am

I thought I would share this series with everyone. I really enjoyed this. Beware it is way too long. 24 episodes so far.
It has nothing to do with tractors. In my farm repair (old cars and motorcycle too)experience I have fabricated and repurpose parts from other cars/ mc/tractors. enjoy!
"In the first episode of Project Binky, we take a rotten old Austin Mini and strip it down to a bare shell. We then take an angle grinder to it and cut it to pieces. It's only then that the customised rebuilding process starts.

We're trying to create one of the fastest Minis on the planet. We're going to rebuild it with the engine and running gear from a Toyota Celica ST185 GT4. Or at least that's the plan. Whether it comes off or not is another matter. We're filming this as it happens so what you see is only a few weeks behind where we're actually at so we're not sure yet whether we can do it. That's kind of the fun though.

Bill Edwards

Re: project Binky

Post by Bill Edwards » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:23 am

This is a great series which I have enjoyed watching, it's been happening over years and the results are now getting very good. The skill and quality of work is quite something, I'm not generally into car projects but this is at another level.

diggerdeano
Great Britain

Post by diggerdeano » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 pm

theres a mini with a ZZR 1000cc bike eng in it and its quick

Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:29 am

Project Binky will undoubtedly be fast - a lot of power and 4WD.

But what I like is that it's not just about putting a big engine in, they've somehow grafted on the Toyota suspension, and have gone to great lengths to add modern luxuries like air con, a proper heater (that actually heats the car up unlike the mini ones), central locking, power steering to name just some of them. And all this is done without removing boot space or encroaching on passenger space, nor have they increased the size of the car - they're keeping it looking standard. The heater/blower/AC box that's both effective and tucks up inside the front is a clever piece of work on its own and shows more skill and details that a lot of builds show on the entire project!