Hydraulics Questions 272 Leyland

A place for general Leyland tractor questions and chat
KGraham
Canada

Hydraulics Questions 272 Leyland

Post by KGraham » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 am

On my 272 tractor I have a lever to switch the hydraulics between the front loader and the rear 3 point. Is there anyway of easily adding a component so that both the bucket and the 3 point hitch can be used without using that lever.

Also, I have a woodsplitter that I would like to use on this tractor, I've noticed there is one available hydraulic line on the rear that has a quick release type fitting, but I would require an additional hydraulic line to run the wood splitter, which two lines at the rear of the tractor can I use to work my wood splitter, and can I put quick connect fittings or rear remotes on this tractor. I really appreciate any help, I'm a newbie and new to the tractor world.

Thanks!

diggerdeano
Great Britain

Re: Hydraulics Questions 272 Leyland

Post by diggerdeano » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 pm

the way the hyds are sett up on these means the aux takes priority over the lift and thats just how it is on the later 272s they did change this so the lift and remotes could be used without having to switch between one or the other ,your loader valves are supplied by the aux if your log splitter has its own valve you could fit a diverter valve this would isolate your loader while you split wood and you would need a return line we usually use the filler plug for a return line

diggerdeano
Great Britain

Post by diggerdeano » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 pm

from what i can see in the picture your tractor has some remotes and so a seperate valve for the loader ????. so you put the aux lever back this supplys the remote valves and one them supplys the loader valves from what i can see .

KGraham
Canada

Post by KGraham » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 am

See attached picture for reference. It appears all the hydraulic lines at the rear are quick attach type fittings just two of the 3 have a locking safety cover attached. Trying to figure out which lines do what.