Marshall hydraulic issue

A place for general Marshall questions and chat
Boz
Ireland

Re: Marshall hydraulic issue

Post by Boz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 pm

No never got around to sorting it. There were other issues with the tractor that I was sorting first and I thought some Winter work lifting silage bales might fix the hydraulic problem. There is air in the system which was suggested is the cause, it's doesn't seem to be the relief valve as the engine doesn't labor, but it only begins to happen after the relief valve operates.

Boz
Ireland

Post by Boz » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Speedbuff, did you ever discover what was causing the hydraulic noise in your 804? I am lifting round bales at the moment and it's still making a groaning noise, when the lift reaches its defined height. It will stop making noise if I move it to the full height & relief valve cuts in, or when it's in the process of lifting. I don't think it's air as the suction filter is now sealed.

diggerdeano
Great Britain

Post by diggerdeano » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 pm

hi just check the pipes are all held in their clamps i seem to remember something about cavitating hyds pipes and they vibrated check the suction hose at the front where it passes through the chassis to the pump they dont always leak oil but can draw in air causing cavitation