Archived Peatland Conforums finished.

An area for general discussion
RadioStu
Canada

Re: Archived Peatland Conforums finished.

Post by RadioStu » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Jeroen Sleijpen wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 am
RadioStu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 am
Way to go Jeroen, we’re all very thankful for your dedication! Many beers are owed!
Thanks,
Stu
Thanks Stu!
Jeroen, I realize I have a question! If I search for a phrase, say "804 range selector", in the general search window that appears in the "Leyland" part of the forum, will the search return results from the archived section that you just completed, or do I need to visit viewforum.php?f=36 to get archived results?
Thanks!
Stu

Jeroen Sleijpen
Tractor God
Netherlands

Post by Jeroen Sleijpen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm

RadioStu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm
Jeroen Sleijpen wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:01 am
RadioStu wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 am
Way to go Jeroen, we’re all very thankful for your dedication! Many beers are owed!
Thanks,
Stu
Thanks Stu!
Jeroen, I realize I have a question! If I search for a phrase, say "804 range selector", in the general search window that appears in the "Leyland" part of the forum, will the search return results from the archived section that you just completed, or do I need to visit viewforum.php?f=36 to get archived results?
Thanks!
Stu
Hi Stu,

The search bar in each section, just searches that section or if you use it in a post, it will just search the post.
Best way is to search with the general search function on top of the page. You can even use the advanced search to narrow the results down.

Good luck,

Jeroen
Leyland, Nuffield, BMC message board Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/leylandnuffield/

Nuffield 10/60
Nuffield 10/42
Nuffield 342
Nuffield Universal 3

licec

Post by licec » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:27 pm

Big effort and a lot of patient work Jeroen thank you ;

mike.l
Canada

Post by mike.l » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi question for Rick and Jeroen It took Jeroen a year to change the files over to the new forum, but how many years of info was there on the old forum i think i joined it in 2004-5 and it was well established then so the amount of info that was put into those years, we have all benefited from Ricks wealth of knowledge which he gained over his lifetime I would guess there is not a subject that has not been talked about, the latter models of marshal may not have had a fair crack of the whip. . Just a observation all the younger guys seem to do every thing on face book and groups within that category My question to them is when you need to search for info how is it done on face book where the info is there today and gone so far down the page within a week that it is impossible to find If you do not keep this forum active it will die and then all will be lost forever end of my Rant !!! thanks jeroen for all the work you did mike

Jeroen Sleijpen
Tractor God
Netherlands

Post by Jeroen Sleijpen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi Mike,

Facebook will always be more attractive to the younger generation and to be honest it is a great and easy way to share your pictures and videos among like minded people.
Although we also have lots of technical questions on the Facebook group, I still think the more complex questions show up on here. Because of the immense data base we have now and because questions are answered more in length other than an odd like or 1 line sentence.

The search function on Facebook has massively improved over the years and one can search for related topics within the group now.

Regards,

Jeroen
Leyland, Nuffield, BMC message board Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/leylandnuffield/

Nuffield 10/60
Nuffield 10/42
Nuffield 342
Nuffield Universal 3

Jamie Davis
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Jamie Davis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:54 am

I think to add Mike, we have every intention if keeping and growing the forum for as long as we can.

In my mind, it’s many years before Facebook can fully replace what the forum does.
Jamie Davis

Past - Nuffield 10/60
Present - Nuffield 460 & Nuffield 4/65