4/60

A place for projects, conversions, bitsas etc.......
joedev151
Ireland

Re: 4/60

Post by joedev151 »

At some stage a previous owner attempted to weld the PTO lever to the selector shaft and failed. A vicegrip would not move it when stationary and hand clutch did not disengage the drive with the engine running so I pull engine stop and managed to engage the PTO as the engine stoped . Woo hoo the lift worked and to test it I dug out an old counter weight we had for a loader tractor back in the day, worked a treat.

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Last night I posted up some pics but got sidetracked then before commenting on them. Yesterday was a miserable day and I did a bit of spannering on the Nuff. Made 2 pins for the swinging drawbar and rediscovered an old tractor toolbox lying around, it was handmade and was on a David Brown many moons ago, cleaned it up a bit and fixed the hinge. I thought about fitting it behind the seat but then I'd have to reposition the number plate so left it .
This evening I fitted stowage for a top link and the tool box on the left chassis, worked out OK I think. All comments welcome ;)

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Went for a little spin Friday night and the clutch failed, had to be towed home, luckily I was not too far away. Took off the inspection plate next morning and saw the reason, finger broke on clutch fork.