Project 272H

A place for projects, conversions, bitsas etc.......
popharper48
Australia

Re: Project 272H

Post by popharper48 »

Rick,
Is that Screw, 3/8" cheese head X 3/8" UNF from the interior mounting end of the Simms Injector Pump? Just a thought.

Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Post by Rick Cobley »

popharper48 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:13 am Rick,
Is that Screw, 3/8" cheese head X 3/8" UNF from the interior mounting end of the Simms Injector Pump? Just a thought.
Hi, It could be but the pump is not directly mounted to the engine, it has a rubber coupling and alloy mount so the screw could not find its way into the sump!

Regards Rick Cobley
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Post by Rick Cobley »

popharper48 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:13 am Rick,
Yes you are correct, whilst stripping another engine I came across two such screws blanking unused threaded holes in the timing case where the injector pump mounts.

Regards Rick Cobley
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Post by Rick Cobley »

Hi, Not posted on developments for some time as I had some health issues. Now back doing bits as I find time.

Although I had fitted a Minimec pump I found it had a very harsh governor that made the tractor lurch at low revs so I have now fitted one from a Ford tractor that has the correct governor spring and, also has the levers in the correct place.

For strength I opted for 10mm iron bar and welded ends on to avoid failure from fatigue and vibration

Above, note the throttle lever needs to be well forward or on a 4 cylinder the bent section of the rod will foul the air filter at full throttle!

Below you can see the bends required to pass behind the air cleaner

Below I have rested a 4 cylinder throttle rod on top of the rod I have fabricated to show the difference in length and thickness

Regards Rick Cobley
Nuffield_Paul
Great Britain

Post by Nuffield_Paul »

Hope you are on the mend Rick.

A most interesting project. Did you/do you intend to, weld the frame up at the extension point or is it purely bolted assembly?

Paul.
Nuffield 3DL (1958), Ferguson TEA20 (1948), Ferguson TEF20 (1954)
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Post by Rick Cobley »

Hi Paul,

No intention to weld it.

Regards Rick Cobley