4/60

A place for projects, conversions, bitsas etc.......
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Re: 4/60

Post by Rick Cobley »

To reduce age related leakage end float in bearings was changed to preload. You need to read up in a up to date manual!

Regards Rick Cobley

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Thanks Rick, I marked the nut and shaft before removal and didn't change the bearings which were good. set it back to the marks so hopefully all is good, fingers crossed. My fumblings at restoration have to be better than the way I found it. Used engine oil in the transmisson, no filter for the Hyd pump, no filter in the fuel bowl and other various messing. Unbelievable what abuse some guys inflict on tractors and machines.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Putting back the tombstone was the next task, I stuck the gasket on with some grease to keep it in place and made 2 extra dowels by cutting the heads of 2 studs and cutting a slot in them for a screwdriver if needs be. Lined it up straight and level with the crane and it went back fairly easy, the 2 extra dowels were a big help, then tightened it all up.
Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew »

Hi
The workshop manual, at least the one for the later Leylands, recommends making a couple of studs to act as guides during the installation process. It's interesting that your experience bears out the wisdom of this technique.

Regards
JohnP
Great Britain

Post by JohnP »

Nowtnew wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 am Hi
The workshop manual, at least the one for the later Leylands, recommends making a couple of studs to act as guides during the installation process. It's interesting that your experience bears out the wisdom of this technique.

Regards
Yep, still have mine in my old toolbox. Not used for too many years now!
JVP

If it ain't bust don't fix it!
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Yes, cutting the heads off 2 studs to make guiding dowels makes a big difference and leaves the job easier, making sure the tombstone is straight and level on the crane is important too.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

https://studio.youtube.com/video/7RF78iagzbA/edit
Finally got the 460 back running as it should, new clutch, PTO working, hydraulics working. got delayed with a diesel leak, thought it was a pin hole in the bottom of the tank but it was the connection that screws up into the tank. The original copper washer wasn't sealing it properly so a new one did the trick.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Went to church in Geashill on Sunday 17/7/2022.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

I bought a belt pully in excellent condition last week and fitted it last evening. Took the rear wheel off and removed the short extension on the mudguard and aided by the engine crane it fitted in nice.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »