270 lift

A place for general Leyland tractor questions and chat
Transit123
Ireland

270 lift

Post by Transit123 »

Hello all, up until Saturday the lift on my 270 was performing properly, then i noticed it wouldn't lift the whole way up. I tried fiddling with the draught lever and the main lift levers and the arms stopped moving completely.
There is pressure in the auxiliary pipe and the relief valve blows off when auxiliary lever is engaged.
When I remove the oil return fitting I can see movement inside when I move the main lift lever.has anyone's any idea what's wrong? Thanks in advance for replies and sorry for long post.

Nowtnew
Great Britain

Re: 270 lift

Post by Nowtnew »

When you say it wouldn't lift the whole way up was it loaded.? In other words did it seem weak, or was it limiting its position?
Transit123
Ireland

Post by Transit123 »

Limiting position. IT Wasn't weak
Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew »

It sounds like the controls need adjustment. The procedure for this used to be available on https://www.thenuffieldandleylandtracto ... fications/, but, as you will see, most of this stuff no longer works.
I will see if I can post something but it will not be quick.
Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew »

Might have been quicker than I thought.

These pages were as they used to appear on the above 'club' site. They were prepared I believe, by the late JVP to whom we are very grateful.

This procedure covers more than one version of the hydraulics. Yours, as a 270, is the rack type.

Regards
Dixie normous
Great Britain

Post by Dixie normous »

The plastic teeth inside the rack can get very worn and mangled causing the gear on the lever to jump the teeth, this will affect the lift and arm position. I have seen it happen when the draught and position levers seized together causing the rack to lift and chew the teeth up
Black smoke dont mean its broke