To The Rescue

Just for amusement!
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

To The Rescue

Post by Rick Cobley »

Hi, The other day I was in my yard when I heard a few blood curdling screams but as I was a few hundred meters away and the screams came form one of the houses on the street. I carried on with what I was doing, it was 7pm and there was plenty of other people closer than me to investigate.

A few minutes later I got a phone call to bring a tractor quick! It turned out that a woman visiting one of my neighbours had got out of her car to close the gate ( sloping drive) and had failed to pull on the handbrake. She tried to get back in the rolling car but it was rolling slightly towards the wall on the right and the door trapped her hence the screams!

When I arrived I put a chain on the towbar of the car and pulled it a couple of foot from the wall to take the pressure off the driver. Sometime later the Fire Brigade arrived and 7 firemen viewed the scene. They immediately discussed a risk assessment and decided to put a tarpaulin on my chain incase it snapped and decapitated us all.

Eventually the ambulance arrived and the driver stepped onto a stretcher and was taken to hospital but was released later with no injuries just bruising.

It was the consensus that the driver escaped serious injuries as she was "well padded"

As soon as the ambulance had departed one of the police who attended ( the three people nearest the camera) asked me how close to the wall the car was when I first saw the accident. I said it was about a foot from the wall but I had moved it to the left a couple of foot with the tractor to which he replied ( he was stood 4 foot from the tractor when he said this) " Oh yes, I didn't see the tractor!"

I believe all the professionals who attended receive extensive training in order to be able to serve the public.

Regards Rick Cobley

Jamie Davis
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: To The Rescue

Post by Jamie Davis »

Needless to say, some emergency service personnel were reasonably used to such incidents...... :roll: ;)
Jamie Davis

Past - Nuffield 10/60
Present - Nuffield 460 & Nuffield 4/65
Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew »

Did you get any thanks? Keep the tarp.?😀

Regards
Paul
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Post by Rick Cobley »

Hi, Yes the lady who was trapped sent me a message but was completely ignored by the Fire Brigade!

Regards Rick Cobley