4/60

A place for projects, conversions, bitsas etc.......
joedev151
Ireland

Re: 4/60

Post by joedev151 »

At some stage a previous owner attempted to weld the PTO lever to the selector shaft and failed. A vicegrip would not move it when stationary and hand clutch did not disengage the drive with the engine running so I pull engine stop and managed to engage the PTO as the engine stoped . Woo hoo the lift worked and to test it I dug out an old counter weight we had for a loader tractor back in the day, worked a treat.

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Last night I posted up some pics but got sidetracked then before commenting on them. Yesterday was a miserable day and I did a bit of spannering on the Nuff. Made 2 pins for the swinging drawbar and rediscovered an old tractor toolbox lying around, it was handmade and was on a David Brown many moons ago, cleaned it up a bit and fixed the hinge. I thought about fitting it behind the seat but then I'd have to reposition the number plate so left it .
This evening I fitted stowage for a top link and the tool box on the left chassis, worked out OK I think. All comments welcome ;)

joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

Went for a little spin Friday night and the clutch failed, had to be towed home, luckily I was not too far away. Took off the inspection plate next morning and saw the reason, finger broke on clutch fork.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

I finally got time to pull the 460 into ICU, bonnet off, battery and box off. Pulled the steering wheel off with my trusty hyd puller then the tank because there is a dent and leak in it needing repair and disconnected everything. Downloaded instructions via this forum.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

So I remove the carrier bracket assembly easy enough but then the heads of the four bolts for the PTO drive were butchered by a previous " mechanic " a good vicegrip shifted 3 of them and had to cut the head off a stubborn one, there is a useful hole in the flange to withdraw the bolts. on removing the PTO driving dog I see a piece of copper wire has been used as a circlip on the transmisson shaft!
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

I removed the clutch and I have sent it to Leixlip Brake and Clutch to be reconditioned. Removed the broken clutch fork, I have a replacement but the cross shaft and bushes are worn so getting shaft built up and new bushes. Next job is to replace seals on transmisson shaft.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

I got my diesel tank back from the panel beater, he took out the dent and the leak, turned out nice.
joedev151
Ireland

Post by joedev151 »

I got a new clutch and disc from Leixlip Brake & Clutch, it work out the same price and handier than recondition, had to fit the new bearings myself and my trusty Hyd puller did the trick otherwise I would have to go somewhere with a press, the puller has been a lifesaver over the years.