JVP

An area for general discussion
Morley
Wales

JVP

Post by Morley »

It is with much regret that I have to inform the forum that John Patterson comely known as JVP has passed away. He was a stalwart member of the Nuffield and Leyland Tractor Club and worked for Leyland's at Bathgate and abroad up until the closing down of the Leyland Tractors. A great fountain of Knowledge he will be very greatly missed.

Jeroen Sleijpen
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: JVP

Post by Jeroen Sleijpen »

So sorry to hear that John past away. He was a well known member and contributor to this forum. His comments and his wealth of knowledge will be missed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Jeroen
Leyland, Nuffield, BMC message board Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/leylandnuffield/

Nuffield 10/60
Nuffield 10/42
Nuffield 342
Nuffield Universal 3
Rick Cobley
Great Britain

Re: JVP

Post by Rick Cobley »

I'm saddened to hear of Johns death. It's only about a month since I messaged John and he told me of his illness and treatment so I'm quite shocked.

John was a friendly character always out on the front of the club stand at shows to meet and greet people and answer questions, his wealth of knowledge was impressive.

John started work at Bathgate just as the orange tractors finished and knew everything about Leyland's. When Leyland tractors finished he went to work for Leyland in Africa and finally Mercedes Trucks so had a broad knowledge of mechanised transport.

My thoughts go out to his wife, sons, daughter inlaws and grand children who I offer my sincere condolences.

Regards Rick Cobley