272 hydraulic issues

A place for general Leyland tractor questions and chat
Dixie normous
Great Britain

Re: 272 hydraulic issues

Post by Dixie normous »

Have you taken the rear tombstone off and seen the box filter? I only ask because I have seen them clogged but never seen one fail

Black smoke dont mean its broke
Benno
Australia

Post by Benno »

No i haven't removed the rear section yet, was hoping to have a new filter ready to go. The only reason i assume the filter has failed is because the suction screen was clogged up completely with something that resembles broken down paper ( to the point my hydraulics stopped working ) , I cant think of anything else and there was no chance of any foreign material accidentally getting in there.
Duncan
Australia

Post by Duncan »

Hey Benno, I suggest you call Paul Maber at Elmore garage on 03 5432 6386.

He is an ex-Leyland dealer and still supplies new and used parts, very helpful and super knowledgeable too
Dixie normous
Great Britain

Post by Dixie normous »

You may well be right Benno and it is the box filter, just wondered if you had taken the back off yet. Just thought it may save you the hassle of finding one if it was something else causing it, maybe an old hydraulic filter broken up in the past?
Black smoke dont mean its broke
Benno
Australia

Post by Benno »

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for the contact details. I have sent them an email.

Much appreciated.
Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew »

Before you make the next move, have you appreciated what the box filter is like.? It is also known as a strainer, being constructed from metal gauze. It seems unlikely therefore to account for the blockage as you have described. Dixie's suggestion seems far more likely and removing the external filter and having a look inside might be revealing. It might still turn out to be necessary to remove the back end to clean out the box filter but it's unlikely to require replacement. That's why you are finding it difficult to locate one.
Regards and good luck.